Habakkuk 2:2 says “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it”.
Everyone knows about the power of words. I think we always focus on the power of speaking things into existence, but how often do we stop to think about the power of our written words? What is your vision? Dreams? Goals? Heart desires? Do you believe that when you write those things down that they have the power to manifest?
For the past few years, I’ve practiced the faith-based act of a prayer jar. The prayer jar is simply writing down your prayers on a piece of paper and then place it in the jar while you wait for them to manifest. As your prayers are answered, you go back into the jar to write down the date in which they came to pass. Similar to the prayers in my prayer jar, I’ve become more aware of the power in the written words. About a month ago my Pastor asked me to be the guest speaker and deliver the Sunday message for the High School graduates. As always, my initial thought was “What am I going to speak about?”. After I prayed about it God came through with the word! . As I was skimming through my notebook, I was led to the page where I wrote down my marketing strategy for Pray the Impossible back in December 2018. The Holy Spirit brought to my memory the power of the written word. I wrote down the following knowing that in 2019 it will come to pass:
- Readers to list book reviews on Amazon
- Consignment selling
- Vendor opportunities
- Speaking engagements
- Post on another devotional site
After reading my list I had an AHA moment. That was the moment I received a revelation about the power of the written word. I was in awe of the manifestations of my written words. I couldn’t believe what manifested in just 6 months:
- I have 8 book reviews on Amazon.
- July 12-14th my publisher, who is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., was an official vendor at our 54th National Convention where she sold copies of Real Talk at her booth.
- Every month this year I’ve been blessed with vending opportunities.
- I spoke on a career panel at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I was a featured panelist for an Inspirational Brunch. I spoke at a few events where I was vending. I was the guest speaker for the High School graduate service at my church.
- I am now the Literary Editor for Creed Magazine. Creed is an online faith-based fashion and lifestyle magazine. I feature devotionals and words of the season from Pray the Impossible. I was a guest writer for a women empowerment blog.
We don’t know how much power is in the written word until we write it down. Furthermore, can you imagine writing something down that’s aligned with the will of God? Now when it comes to pass that’s even more powerful! Whatever you want to be or do write it down. God will handle the rest. That’s why it is so important to write the vision and make it plain because when it does come to pass you can run and tell what God did for you. You can share with others and testify that there is power in the written word.